Friday, October 05, 2007

News Stuff

Since this is my first entry for the week, I searched and searched, vowing to impress you guys.

In my travels across the 'net, I found the following article.
September 28 2007: 11:15 AM EDT
SEATTLE (AP) -- Ever wonder what the Seahawks' locker room tastes like after a big game?

Apparently, Jones Soda Co. thinks Seattle NFL fans want to know. The company started taking online pre-orders Thursday for a five-pack of sodas with flavors it says reflect the hard work of professional football players.

Clare Bowles, a spokeswoman for the Seattle-based company, said the four literally named flavors -- Dirt, Sports Cream, Perspiration and Natural Field Turf -- are "pretty lifelike."

"Perspiration Soda is kind of salty tasting," she said, with a slightly higher sodium content than the average soda, with a smooth, "stinky football sock" finish.

A sip of Sports Cream Soda conjures up the experience of rubbing ointment into an aching muscle, while Natural Field Turf Soda is like "playing tackle football, and you get tackled really hard, you're down on the ground and you get a little bit of the grass in your teeth," Bowles said.

The only sweet soda of the bunch, Sweet Victory, has a berry flavor.

Each bottle features the photo of a Seattle Seahawks player. Limited quantities of the five-pack will be sold in select stores starting Oct. 1.


I love football, and I've been known to enjoy a salty or tangy flavor now and then, but Perspiration Soda just ain't for me.


Did anyone catch the Chris Matthews show last Sunday evening? He used the word "dissed" twice in a discussion about the Republican candidates skipping certain debates they were invited to. Dissed. WTF???

Interesting News

Okay, it's not really news, but since the site is new to me I'm posting it as news: http://www.j-archive.com/

While I'm at it, one of my favorite game makers has added a new game to his site. It was done as a commercial job but it's as much fun as the others I've played: http://shingakunet.com/special/10054301/0285/


Personal News


I had the pleasure of having brunch with restaurant gal and lex here in Atlanta a few weeks ago. This was our first face to face meeting and we laughed and talked for hours like old girlfriends rather than like strangers.

It's amazing how close we can get through our electronic connections. The three of us were able to confide in each other without hesitation since we are already friends. I was able to tell them things that I hadn't been able to discuss with others that I see on a regular basis. My online friendships are important to me and I trust my long distant friends.

I won't share any of their hilarious stories - they'll probably blog about them sometime in the future.

I hope to see both of them again soon and hope that others may want to hang out with us next time. Tina, cleopatra and mist1 - I'm sorry that I was so last minute in making arrangements that we couldn't get you. (I moved that weekend, so things were really confused)

Dallas December 6th - 9th. Any takers? (send me an email - I'll send you my #)


Have a good weekend. I'm off to play trivia - I'm at level 13 badge - I'm addicted.

6 comments:

Divian said...

I have an internet buddy coming tomorrow for my mom's 50th birthday--I can't wait to meet her! Dallas--I'll definitely have to check on that!

Lex said...

We had the best time. I was wondering if you got lost in those boxes since I haven't seen you posting this week!

We had the best time. I am so glad we hang out and became real life girlfriends. I will SO see you in Dallas!!

phishez said...

Its so awkward when you meet a blog mate. Its someone you know so well, who has shared their most intimate secrets, fears and desires, without you ever actually seeing their face.

Fairmaiden327 said...

Poppin' in to give you a hug.

MissToson said...

Hey!
OK...I'm a Jones Soda fan, but this new line sounds like garbage! Sweat and Turf?! C'mon now!

I hate I missed you guys for brunch! I was already on my way to church when I got the message. (Like I'm not a heathen most of the time anyway...I should have just ditched!) Count me in for the next get together for sure!

And great find on the J! Archive!!! I'm a big Jeopardy fan! I love it!!!

Amadeo said...

As much of a Ravens fan as I am...I the only way I want to know what there locker room tastes like is if all the players put $500,000 grand down on a bet.