Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Stuff

I'm in the mood for talk so I'll be going on and on today, probably jumping from topic to topic. (who said that's what I do all the time?)

If there's a state superior court, doesn't that mean by definition that there must be an inferior court?

Today the left lane drivers worked together and we refused to let a single driver who was in the HOV lane get in front of us to avoid the police car up ahead. I watched him get busted in my rear view mirror. It's sad that I felt so victorious, but this happens every day and some times the cheater get theirs. Karma at work. Yay! (?yeah? yah?)

I'm all for any child's adoption. If Madonna will give a baby a better life, then I think it's wonderful. Boo to the naysayers who would rather the baby be left in an orphanage.

My favorite commercial right now is the "Sonic" ad where the husband says he's going to write in his blog about the new ice cream treat to share the experience with his readers. His wife responds, "You mean reader. Your mother." Hilarious.
Second for me is the Dwayne Wade - Cadillac ad when he rides off on a bike after giving the neighborhood coach a new S.U.V. - touching.

High beams in fog is not good. Why don't some drivers know this?

A child's birthday party should include more children than adults, serve foods that children like and liquor should not be the table centerpiece or the highlight of the day.

I'm still afraid to eat spinach. I have frozen spinach in my freezer, and despite my urge to eat it, I just can't make myself. Friends have explained how safe it is - I just don't believe.

I've always wanted a monkey as a pet. (no guys, Lester doesn't count).

My ex-husband (#2) asked me last night if in retrospect I felt that our breakup was a mistake. I had to mute the call so he wouldn't hear me squealing with laughter since he was being serious and I suppose, his version of sweet. I tried to be diplomatic and kind. I wanted to say, "Hells No! It was one of the best things to ever happen to me." I didn't, so I'm expecting something good as a reward for my restraint.

Why must some people answer each and every cell phone call they receive? I don't understand being that available to everyone at all times. I'll no longer stand for it - if you ignore me to talk to someone else - I don't mean a brief conversation then I'm outie!

Passengers going through fast food drive throughs should be ready with their orders - I don't want to sound like a special ed child over the mic: "Um...one - no two small - no (what did you say?) no - make that large fries. (yes the fries come with the value meal) - no cancel that - make it one small fry and an onion ring - no (shut up you guys - I can't hear!) I'm sorry, make that a large onion ring, please. Please hold on for a moment. (c'mon you guys, what else do you want?) Okay, I'm ready, I'd like two fish sandwiches, one superburger with no pickle and a crispy chicken with extra mayo.(no, I'm not asking them to change it now - c'mon now - damn!) Hello, I'm sorry, can we start again? Okay - One large onion ring, one small fry, a fish sandwich, two burgers and a side salad please. No - nothing to drink. Nope." I've gone through this too many times to count.

I just noticed that "Mary Worth" and "Mark Trail" are still on the comic pages of the newspaper. Who reads this stuff? Actually I looked at all the different comic strips and none of them were funny enough to warrant publication in a major newspaper. Some of them are really poorly drawn. (lightbulb) Hey! Maybe I can do it too - I'm not very funny and I can't draw for shit - I could be a local superstar in the newspaper. (I just remembered "Chasing Amy" when poor Banky was ridiculed as a "colorer". I've got to rent it again, soon. - God, my mind is a mess)

I'll be back with more stuff later.

13 comments:

Christina_the_wench said...

I AM the special ed fast food orderer. But it isn't my fault. I blame my children. Don't be hatin'. ;)

mist1 said...

I'd like to be adopted by Madonna. If that's not an option, I would like to try being your pet monkey.

Webmiztris said...

i love that sonic commercial too! finally a commercial targetting bloggers...lol!

Donna said...

Isn't the Madonna adoption issue because she wants to adopt a black child?

I just had some frozen spinach last week. I'm still alive.

I fucking HATE call waiting. I do not have it on my phones. If I am on the phone with someone and they tell me to hang on, I tell them to call me back when they can talk to me without interruption. If they click over before I can say anything, I hang up. That pisses them off. I don't know why.

I am a very succinct fast food orderer but then I don't have brats in the backseat.

This was a fun post...and it didn't have football in it.

Anonymous said...

Good work keeping the rush hour cheaters in their places. I HATE rush hour cheaters! But soon, I'll be walking, not driving, in rush hour....

Best, The Gal

Anonymous said...

Coffee blesses Kevin Smith.

Fairmaiden327 said...

It's crowded up in my head too. I loved all of the assorted musings. Good stuff. I'm sort of browing J, mind not fully clear right now.

Anonymous said...

It's not karma, and you created bad karma by preying upon the jerk.

I think the anti-Madonna thing is more to do with the way she's viewed. I don't know how that is, but "nurturing parent" is not it. And it's weird that she denied the adoption and that the kid is called an orphan even though his dad's alive.

Steph said...

I don't give a fuck what Madonna does. Meh to that.

The drive thru ordering thing is something i hate. I refuse to do it anymore. I make the buggers get out and order it themselves ;)

dirk.mancuso said...

I love your random thoughts posts.

LadyHAHA said...

I want Madonna to adopt me.
I can totally look like Maddox if need be.

I can give that little boy a run for his money.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

The comic strips all suck with the exception (sometimes) of Doonesbury. They are idiotic, drawn by 4th graders, and not funny.

I started one about a superhero named Ass Man once, but got bored after several episodes.

Any child adopted by Madonna will be an accessory, dyed to match her outfits. The poodle breeders probably refused to sell her a puppy.

That little boy will provide an annuity for many therapists someday, though.

Rhys said...

I always wanted a pet monkey too! I would dress him in cute lil' overalls. And I like your ramblings. :)