Monday, August 07, 2006

Trivial Stuff

Last night I stopped at a light at the corner of Mt. Zion and Mt. Zion. A directional sign pointed towards another Mt. Zion. The Atlanta street naming team needs to be replaced. Immediately! (there are many intersections like this in the area, usually named Peachtree.)

I'm at the end of a tube of toothpaste. I'm able to get by with just a dash of toothpaste right now but if I had a brand new tube, I'd smear it all over the brush, some of it would drop in the sink leaving a glob I would have to clean up. This is an observation only. I refuse to learn new behavior.


We have waaay too much bread in out kitchen right now. I keep using the newest bag of hamburger buns - let others eat the older stuff. ("A", I'm sorry, but that's just how I am)

Why does everyone pretend not to see that green thing in the refrigerator that was formerly a cucumber?

I love the recent Dunkin Donut's commercials - the music is great especially the song about "my thighs sticking to the pleather." I stop what I'm doing and watch them every time. I don't eat their doughnuts though.

Carlos Mencia is hilarious. I'm glad he's the methadone for my Dave Chappelle addiction withdrawal.

Our office had our summer party at a wine bar on Saturday night. I didn't embarrass myself - at least as far as I can remember. I'll find out today.

I skated at a new rink last night: Skate Zone. Yes, I have new fans there. (I love it) To the chick that gave me gas face all night: "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful."(some of you older readers remember the commercial and get the lame joke)

I saw an old friend from Nueva York on Saturday. The mini-reunion was held at my ex-husband's lovely home. His girlfriend moved in with him recently and I overheard him saying to one of his boys, "I'm going crazy - the ex is in one room the girlfriend is in the other." Poetic justice I say. He had a girlfriend over at a barbeque while we were still married. I stayed longer than I normally would have just because.

Can anyone love me more than I love myself? I hope not - I don't need a stalker. I did have a stalker for a minute, but I suppose he just lost interest. I didn't even get the "it's not you, it's me" speech. He just stopped sending me the lewd emails.

I spoke with one of my ex boyfriends on the phone last night. He had NOTHING new to say. Sad, huh?

I'm jealous of the many witty bloggers out there who have actual topics every day.

I want a surprise birthday party! November 20th is my b-day, but the party can be any time that week. I've been practicing my "surprised' look so I won't 'blow it'.

I always think I'm the best dancer in the club. My children think otherwise.

Can you tell that I'm was known as the "ADD" wife of one of my exes? This post is a great example of my normal thought process.

18 comments:

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Nothing wrong with ADD. As Emerson said, "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."

dirk.mancuso said...

Your ADD is very entertaining.

I wish I could write short funny things like this. Instead I have to make eff-ing WAR AND PEACE out of everything.

Best wishes getting that "surprise" party. (**winks**)

OhTheJoys said...

I can totally relate to the naming of the streets - how about the way Dekalb Ave is Marietta, College and Howard too?!?

Anonyme. said...

good luck with the party.... make sure to have a photographer on hand to record your "surprise face" so we can all see... ;)

Mackenzie said...

That was a great post, don't change a damn thing.

Webmiztris said...

I'm convinced offices have parties involving alcohol for no other reason except to try and trick their employees into getting drunk and showing their true colors...LOL

jali said...

hearts,
You are always in my corner. Thanks!

dirk,
I love your epics so don't change a thing!

oh,the joys,
Ain't Atlata great?

proudmary,
Oh, so you're not part of the party planning committee?

blonde vigilante,
I'm loving my cake eating new friend!

webmiztris,
I've been pretty quiet today and the rumor chicks aren't looking at me, so I must have been good. We'll see for sure at bonus time.

lightning bug's butt,
Be the bigger person (not petty like me) and throw it away. do as I say - never as I do.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog Jali. Keep sayin' what you're sayin'.

November 20 is noted...

Miss-Informed said...

I am totally relating to the toothepaste issue. I am all skimpy at the bottom of the tube and as soon as I pop open a new one it is lavishly spread over the bristles extravagently! Ridiculous I know and like you, I am not changing my ways.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

I'm "always in your corner?" Speak of consistency. Uh oh, now you're scaring me.

I have wanted a surprise party all my life. I came closest on my last birthday when my grown "baby" surprised me by joining us for a great dinner with my son.

I would bet money that you get one fabulous blowout blast in November.

Anonymous said...

"I always think I'm the best dancer in the club. My children think otherwise."

Me too!

Who cares what our kids think! (Besides, we really ARE the best dancers.)

Best, The Gal

LadyHAHA said...

hahaha! I always try to perfect the "suprise look" for any future surprise parties that might come my way. I also practice my "Oh my god, I can't believe I won an Oscar, I don't even have a speech prepared" look and stammer. Just in case.
I've got a great "Grammy" face and "when I meet Madonna" face too.

This is what happens when one takes long ass showers....

Donna said...

i love any comedian who rags on all races. I love In Living colour. LOVE IT. I wish it was still on. I watch them and think about how much people are all alike and how they all should lighten the fuck up.

I'm not add. I'm bal (bitch at large). I hate everyone and everything right now.

PS: you always have a topic. Your blawg is muj teh rOxxOr! or I'm down wit chu, yo! or, your blog is some good!

(the last one is Newfie english which is how my dad still talks)

GAH I am making no sense at all.

bye!

jali said...

Winters,
So... my B-day is noted hmmm... maybe I should book a flight to Paris on Priceline. I would love a surprise party in Paris! (jumping around my desk gleefully)

mis-informed,
Aha! Another like me - we refuse to be changed!

heartsinsanfrancisco,
Please don't bet any money. Please use that same money for my surprise party.

restaurantgal,
It's true - we really are!

elaine,
We already know what you do in those long ass showers - you husband installed the web cam months ago.

missannthrope,
I watch the Living Color reruns all the time! MadTV is one of my other favorites. Why do you feel the need to make sense?

Christina_the_wench said...

I'm jealous of the witty daily bloggers as well.

November 20th. Got it. Are you blog-registered anywhere? ;)

Deb said...

You always come out with many topics---even in one post, many topics! And all very interesting. And, I have to say regarding loving yourself----if you don't love yourself, then it's impossible to love others. I totally believe that.

About the ex thing---I couldn't stay at a place knowing my ex was with someone else. It's like a weird self-torture thing. But that's depending how long it's been since the two of you were broken up.

And I'm guilty of the toothpaste waste deal. We cherish that last drop when it's all gone. *sigh*

Biddie said...

Ok, wait. You went to a party at your x's house? Seriously?

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! What can wellbutrin xl do for patience austin high school in decatur al. basketball Free big gay ebony penis pic Vollyball orgy Battle of the sexes theme song Mens ass paradise interesting facts about botox Digital cameras bid jenna jameson wholesale dvd